Info for families at SMS:
Good communication and student safety are priorities at Shuswap Middle School. A few expectations exist that allow us to uphold these priorities. Please ensure you are aware of the following:
- Students are not to send or receive text messages and phone calls during our school day to anyone, including family members (this includes nutrition break and lunch).
- Communicating with friends or family via cell phone during the day will result in a “warning”. Students who use a cell phone without permission at school and have received over three warnings will be no longer allowed a phone at school. Parents are contacted at the time of the 3rd warning.
- Students needing to contact home during the day may ask to use their classroom phone or, when available at nutrition break and lunch, the student phone by the office.
- Messages for students will be passed along from the office at lunch and after school; if you have an emergency and need to speak with your child during learning time, the administration will interrupt class and have the student speak with you on the phone or in person.
- If students are leaving SMS during the school day, an adult is required to sign them out on the green sheet at Cinnamon’s counter. Students are not allowed to be picked up and taken from outside the school without special permission.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.