Middle schools are incredible places! I don’t believe I have ever experienced the same day twice in a middle school setting. This wonderful time of life is full of adventure and our students reflect this with energy and curiosity which certainly keeps all of us, on the staff team, fresh and on our toes!
As we prepare to start an unusual year, I want to assure parents that we will work diligently to keep students safe, engaged and happy. As students are looking to re-connect with their friends, we are confident that SMS will continue to be a positive and caring place to learn and grow.
SMS Has a Lot to Offer!
- early and late French Immersion
- a large active music program
- a thriving sports program
- a beautiful visual arts program
- a fully equipped wood shop
- an exciting hockey program
- passionate students and a dedicated teaching staff
- experienced and caring support staff
- an in-depth student leadership program
- a well-resourced library with a professional staff that enables students to research, explore, dive into literature and stay safe in our digital world
- an active and supportive PAC and parents who help bring learning alive @ SMS
- a school-based team that supports diverse social, emotional and learning needs of all students
Please feel free to contact our office team if you would like more information or need any assistance with items or concerns that arise throughout the year.
Clerical Staff: Kyla and Cinnamon; Vice Principals: Sandra Major and Megan Weir and of course myself, Sydney Griffith
Kind regards to you and your loved ones,
Sydney Griffith, Principal